AAUW Funds are the heart, soul and means of implementing the AAUW Mission:
Advancing equity for women and girls
through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research
AAUW Funds is comprised of five funds that support this mission:
- Educational Opportunities Fund (EOF) (#4336): One of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW is providing more than $3.7 million in funding for 244 fellowships and grants to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations in the 2014–2015 academic year.
- Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) (#3999): Works to challenge sex discrimination in higher education and the workplace. Resources range from community outreach programs to legal advice and backing of major cases.
- Eleanor Roosevelt Fund (#9170): Supports groundbreaking research on issues related to gender equity in education and the workplace which influences the national discussion on the pay gap between women and men, sexual harassment in schools and on college campuses, and the underrepresentation of women in science and engineering.
- Leadership Programs Fund (#4339): Shapes the lives of thousands of college women to be the next generation of leaders, by providing leadership training and opportunities including the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders, Campus Action Projects, Elect Her, National Student Advisory Council, and $tart $mart.
- Public Policy Fund (#4337): Connects and rallies advocates at the local, state, national, and global levels to advance our work to empower women and girls using lobbying and grassroots efforts to push forward policies that break through educational and economic barriers for women.
AAUW depends on member contributions to support this work. If you wish to make a tax deductible contribution, please make out your check to AAUW Funds and indicate the specific fund in the memo area, or designate your contribution as unrestricted (#9110). Please send your check to Jenny Offringa, AAUW-OML Funds Treasurer, 3129 Stonegate Drive, Alamo, CA 94507. If you have questions, please contact us.