For graduating senior young women at
Miramonte, Campolindo, and Acalanes High Schools
AAUW-OML supports outstanding young women in the community by awarding scholarships to seniors in our three local high schools and Saint Mary’s College. These awards validate the accomplishments of exceptional young women who demonstrate a passion for community service and academic excellence.
The AAUW-OML Branch offers one $5000 Scholarship to a graduating senior young woman who has demonstrated sustained commitment to community service as well as a grade point average of at least 3.0. Two additional $1000 scholarships will be awarded to runners-up. Scholarship checks are issued when written notice of college registration and your confirmation deposit receipt are provided. If you, or someone you know, meet these criteria, we invite you to apply.
All recipients will be honored at the Orinda-Moraga-Lafayette Branch Awards Celebration on Sunday, April 23, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend and give a brief talk about their community service experience and future goals. Scholarship checks are issued to the recipient when proof of acceptance to a college or university is provided to the AAUW/OML Branch.
Deadline for Completed and Mailed Application – March 7, 2017
Complete this two-part application by assembling the following:
- Complete our application online and submit it online.
- Contact two references and ask for letters of recommendation – one school representative who knows your work at school and one community service representative who has experience working or supervising you during your service or project.
- Obtain an official transcript from the school.
- Compile the letters of recommendation and official transcript .
- Mail them to the following address:
AAUW-OML Scholarship Committe
P.O. Box 6705
Moraga, CA 94570
Please be sure to allow 3 to 4 days for the postal service to deliver your packet to meet our deadline of 6 p.m. March 7, 2017. Applications and packets received after this date will not be considered.
Finalists chosen from the accepted applications will be scheduled for an interview through the school counseling office.
We look forward to hearing from you.