For a woman who is a senior at Saint Mary’s College of California and plans to attend graduate school.
AAUW-OML supports outstanding young women in the community by awarding scholarships to seniors in our three local high schools and Saint Mary’s College. These awards validate the accomplishments of exceptional young women who demonstrate a passion for community service and academic excellence.
The AAUW-OML Branch offers a $5000 scholarship to be used for graduate studies and a one-year National AAUW membership to a female Saint Mary’s College student. She must be currently in her senior year and have demonstrated an active role in community service as well as academic competence. Applicants must have been accepted for graduate study in the following academic year.
All recipients will be honored at the Orinda-Moraga-Lafayette Branch Awards Celebration on Sunday, April 23, 2017. The awardee will be expected to attend this meeting to give a brief summation of her community service experiences and future goals. Scholarship checks are issued when proof of acceptance to an advanced degree program is provided.
Deadline for Completed and Mailed Application March 14, 2017
Complete this two-part application by assembling the following:
- Complete our application online and submit it online.
- Contact two references and ask for letters of recommendation – one college representative who knows your work at the college and one community service representative who has experience working or supervising you during your service or project.
- Obtain an official transcript from the college.
- Compile the letters of recommendation and the official transcript
- Mail them to the following address:
AAUW-OML Scholarship Committe
P.O. Box 6705
Moraga, CA 94570
Please be sure to allow 3 to 4 days for the postal service to deliver your packet to meet our deadline of 6 p.m. March 14, 2017. Application and packets received after this date will not be considered.
Finalists chosen from the accepted applications will be scheduled for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.